BREAKING NEWS

How Meta-Kryemadhi became millionaires during 30 years in politics, here are the untold stories of the couple who married in power and divorced in opposition, from the luxurious villa with 11 toilets, the palm trees that were brought by helicopter, the...

How Meta-Kryemadhi became millionaires during 30 years in politics, here are the
x
BREAKING NEWS

SPAK issues 19 arrest warrants for Tirana's incinerator, the list includes high-ranking officials, politicians, media leaders and their families, the details of the big operation are disclosed

SPAK issues 19 arrest warrants for Tirana's incinerator, the list includes
x
BREAKING NEWS

Does the UDB agency connect Sali Berisha and Baton Haxhiu, this is how the former prime minister defended the analyst for the villa in Golem who is being investigated by SPAK and "swallowed" all the slanderous accusations that they have exchanged with ...

Does the UDB agency connect Sali Berisha and Baton Haxhiu, this is how the
x
BREAKING NEWS

Sali Berisha did not have a mandate according to the Constitution, the head of the DP makes way for Argita and prepares to crown his daughter on the throne with the July 12 protest, Gaz Bardhi ends up as a "squeezed lemon"

Sali Berisha did not have a mandate according to the Constitution, the head of
x
BREAKING NEWS

The incinerators' money guarantees Arben Ahmetaj's life on the run, here are the transfers of hundreds of thousands of euros by Albanian taxpayers to Swiss offshores, SPAK reveals that the businessman who is helping him in Lugano is accused of money la...

The incinerators' money guarantees Arben Ahmetaj's life on the run,
x
BREAKING NEWS

Belinda Balluku "mountain" with reports to SPAK, here are all the scandals in which the deputy prime minister is involved, from investigations into incinerators, corrupt tenders, contracts, privatizations and up to scandalous firms for giving public lands

Belinda Balluku "mountain" with reports to SPAK, here are all the
x
BREAKING NEWS

Strong developments within SPAK, the prosecutors extend the investigation deadlines for Arben Ahmetaj by 3 months and send summons to the oligarch who is accused of money laundering

Strong developments within SPAK, the prosecutors extend the investigation
x
BREAKING NEWS

Spartak Ngjela reveals the "bombastic" behind-the-scenes: This is why the divorce of Ilir Meta and Monika Kryemadhi cannot save them from the shackles and the strong reason that DASH senior official Richard Nephew avoided meetings in Tirana with the 'R...

Spartak Ngjela reveals the "bombastic" behind-the-scenes: This is why
x

Rajoni

They were killed during the war in 1990 and remained unidentified in the Pristina cemetery, Kosovo will hand over the bodies of three Serbs to Belgrade

They were killed during the war in 1990 and remained unidentified in the

The remains of three bodies of Serbian citizens killed in the last war in Kosovo are expected to be handed over to the Serbian authorities on Tuesday at the border point in Merdara. They were among the 280 unidentified bodies in the Pristina morgue.

Ditor Haliti, director of the Institute of Forensic Medicine, told Radio Free Europe that the remains of the bodies that will be handed over today have been kept at the Institute since the end of the war, but there have been problems with their identification.

"They were at the Institute because they could not be identified during this time because the family members did not provide blood samples to be identified. Last year, blood samples of family members were given and additional DNA samples were sent, which gave us the results of those who have been identified", he said.

The authorities of Serbia have also announced the acceptance of these troops. In a communique issued by the Government of Serbia, it is announced that today in Merdara, their authorities will accept the remains of two people, while for the third person, his family will accept the remains. According to the Government in Belgrade, they were killed in Ferizaj, Prizren and Pristina in 1999.

Haliti said that there are still many unidentified mortal remains in the Institute.

"We have 280 bodies (bone remains) that do not match the blood samples, they belong to both communities, Serbs and Albanians. "We are working on the exhumations that were done last year, but also the review of the mortal remains," he said.

Haliti has also announced that the institutions of Kosovo, the Kosovo Police, the EULEX mission and the Government Commission for the Missing, are continuing the search for mortal remains, but did not provide other details.

During the 1998/99 war in Kosovo, around 13,000 people were killed, 10,794 Albanians, 2,119 Serbs, while the rest belonged to other ethnic groups.

Of the approximately 6,000 people forcibly disappeared at that time, more than 1,600 people remain missing today. Many of the missing were found over the years in mass cemeteries in Serbia.

According to the Kosovo Governmental Commission for Missing Persons, during the year 2023, 15 locations within the territory of Kosovo were excavated, which are related to the process of clarifying the fate of missing persons, as well as at a location in Serbia.

"Exhumed are the mortal remains of twenty individuals - victims of the war, although the number of exhumed persons and their identity will be determined after all forensic examinations and identification through DNA analysis are completed," the Commission's report states. government of Kosovo..REL